I have been meaning to post this recipe as another option for making the 2-ingredient cake. This one uses pumpkin puree. It is also 5 PP per slice.
I am not opposed to using cake mix every now and then. It comes in handy when you are in a crunch for time.
The result is a dense but super moist cake. Great for this time of the year.
- 1 box of Spice Cake mix
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling
- Combine cake mix with pumpkin in a large bowl.
- Mix thoroughly -- batter will be VERY thick -- and transfer to a baking pan sprayed with nonstick spray; bake in the oven until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. (Refer to cake-mix box for pan size and approximate bake time.)
If you decide to make a glaze, it will increase your PP. I made an apple cider glaze.
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Combine all the ingredients until you get a thin consistency, one that can pour over your cake easily. You may need to eye ball it. You may need more or less of the apple cider or extract. If it’s too watery add a bit more sugar. If it’s too think add more apple cider.
UPDATE: I tried the chocolate cake mix with mini chocolate chips, and made cupcakes. No one even noticed that it had pumpkin puree in it.