Several months ago, my cousin Roseann, sent me an image of a product she discovered at Trader Joe’s. Chunky Guacamole. It is part of their Reduced Guilt Line and contains Greek Yogurt.
Avocado + Greek Yogurt = LOVE. The PP value for 2 tablespoons, yes 2 tablespoons, is 1 PP. It was on my radar to buy, but frankly, it fell off. Old Timers disease, I guess.
Anyway, I went to TJ’s the other day during my lunch break and I happened to see it and snatched it up. By the time I finished shopping and drove home, I was starving. Well, starving, in my mind anyway.
When I finished unloading the groceries, I decided to make myself a chicken sandwich.
Using TJ’s Sprouted Wheat Fiber Bread, each slice is 2 PP. Did you know that most other breads when you eat two slices, the points plus value adds up to 5 and not 4? Not this particular bread.
Nutrition information for TJ’s Sprouted Wheat Fiber Bread is:
FAT = 0.5 grams, Fiber 5 grams, carbs 19 grams and protein 5 grams = 2 PP x 2 = 4
Recipe: Chunky Guacamole Chicken Sandwich
- 2 Slices Sprouted Wheat Fiber Bread
- A handful of organic micro greens
- 2 Tablespoons Trader Joe’s Chunky Guacamole
- 2 ounces shredded chicken (I used Costco’s organic chicken strips already cooked)
- In a small bowl, combine the chunky guacamole and your shredded, or sliced chicken.
- Place the micro greens on one slice of bread and the chicken on top.
- Top with the second slice and enjoy.
7 PP per serving
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 1
Microformatting by hRecipe.
Here is my thought on those incredible micro greens. It is so much easier to eat a sandwich that doesn’t have large pieces of lettuce that you have to try to bite off.
They are harvested early ,and they’re packed with incredible flavor.
The ingredients listed on the back are: Organic broccoli, organic purple kohlabri, organic red cabbage, organic kale, organic mezuna, red mustard, organic tatsoi, amaranth, and organic celery.