I just had to share this incredible grilled veggie pannini with all of you.
I am using a Cilantro Pesto that I bought at my local Farmer’s Market from Bolani and Sauce. It is vegan and uses absolutely no oil. You can find it at your local Costco, Andronico’s or Whole Foods.
6 PP per serving
(Bread should be 2 oz per serving)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small eggplant, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 zucchini, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 baguette, cut into six 2 oz portions
- 1/2 cup cilantro Pesto,
- 6 Laughing Cow Light wedges
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 8 large basil leaves, optional
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle the oil over the eggplant, zucchini, and onion slices, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Working in batches, grill the eggplant, zucchini, and onions until they are tender and grill marks appear, about 4 minutes per side.
Cut each baguette into 6 pieces. Working with one baguette piece at a time, slice in half and spread both sides with the pesto. Working with the bottom slice of the baguette, stack 2 slices of eggplant, 2 slices zucchini, 1 slice onion, 1 slice tomato, 1 Laughing Cow Wedge, and 1 slice of roasted pepper. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place top half of baguette on top and continue with remaining baguette.
You can eat it just like that, or you can heat up your grill pan, place the sandwich on the pan. Place another heavy pan on top of the sandwich and grill the sandwich, Flip and grill the top. Serve