Did you know that you can satiate hunger with meals that feature hot and sweet spices?
Southwest cooking is a perfect choice to blend sweet and spicy as your choice for healthful dining. This entrée salad will definitely give you a bang for your calorie buck.
6 PP per serving (includes 2 tablespoons of my creamy pom-acado dressing)
Spice Rub Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 each dried oregano, garlic powder, ground cumin, and brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
Ingredients for the salad
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- 1/2 cup watercress
- 1 cup cucumber ribbons
- orange or mandarin segments
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
Creamy Pom-acado Salad Dressing Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt, such as Fage
- 1 tablespoon guacamole and
- 2 teaspoons Pom Lite
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Combine the chili powder, oregano, garlic powder, cumin, brown sugar, cinnamon, cocoa powder, and cayenne for the spice rub.
Coat for chicken strips and set aside.
Toss the watercress, cucumbers, onion and oranges in a large bowl.
Grill the chicken. Plate your salad and top with chicken strips.
Combine all ingredients for the salad dressing; drizzle over your salad.
Try adding jicima to this salad for a crispy spicy twist.