Finally, I had time to spend in the kitchen today. I had to fit it in between spreadsheets and getting ready to work at the Clayton WW meeting this evening.
I created this incredibly tasty salad. Did I mention that it was incredibly tasty?
Here is the recipe.
Black Bean and Shrimp Salad
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 5 peeled, deveined medium shrimp (about 1 ounce)
- 1/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 or 2 mandarins, peeled and sectioned
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Baby spinach leafs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Litehouse Sesame Ginger Dressing, divided
- Set oven to Broil
- Spray baking sheet with non stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, add beans, mandarin sections, yellow pepper, and cilantro. Add one tablespoon of the salad dressing and toss to coat.
- Place spinach leafs on plate add salt and pepper to leafs.
- Place shrimp on baking sheet and sprinkle with paprika.
- Broil about 3 to 5 minutes, turning once, until shrimp are opaque in centers when split with knife. Remove from broiler.
- Sprinkle one tablespoon of the sesame ginger dressing on the leafs.
- Add the beans, mandarins, pepper and cilantro mix to the spinach leaves.
- Top with 5 shrimp.
- NOTE: I have since switched from regular salt to Morton’s 50% less sodium. I suggest you give it a try.
Aren’t cuties so cute?
You can easily add another ounce of shrimp for one additional PP.
Did I mention that this salad was incredible? I can’t wait to make it again.
Thanks for stopping by.
“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader.” ~ John Quincy Adams