Chorizo, fresh apple salsa, and Spanish cheese come together with this winning combination of sweet and savory in every bite!
Spanish Chorizo and Apple Salsa Pizza
- Store-bought pizza dough (I used Trader Joe’s)
- FOR THE APPLE SALSA
- ½ apple, diced
- ¼ of a jalapeno, diced
- ¼ purple onion, diced
- ¼ red pepper, diced
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro
- 3 Tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 4 ounces Spanish Chorizo, sliced thin
- 1 cup shredded Mexican Blend cheese (I used Trader Joe’s lite blend)
- ½ cup Iberico cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients for the apple salsa; set aside
- Dust pizza dough with flour and roll to a 8-inch circle.
- Transfer dough to a pizza stone.
- Par bake for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the shredded cheese and the chorizo
- Bake another 8 to 10 minutes.
- Top with apple salsa and baked another 2 minutes.
cut into 8 slices each piece is 7 PP per slice
They say if at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.
About a year ago, I attempted to make homemade pizza. Now don’t get me wrong. I didn’t even attempt to make the dough. I bought it from a local pizzeria in town. My pizza was an epic fail. Sad, but true. How do you mess up pizza when you don’t even make the dough. Really, I don’t know. But it happened.
I knew that someday, I would try again.
I am happy to say that my second attempt was a win. Not quite the perfectly shaped pizza that I wanted, but it tasted fantastic.
As a matter of fact, when I told Melissa that I would have to make it again she did not complain.
Mainly I wasn’t happy with the photos, but, like I said, it wasn’t perfectly round either.
I might not be the first person to make a pizza using chorizo before.
But adding the fresh apple salsa is what pulls this pizza together.
Have you heard about the Food and Wine Conference that is happening in July in Orlando Florida?
I am entering this recipe in the 2014 Rosen Shingle Creek Recipe Contest. You can enter and win too:
My inspiration comes from my love of Mexican cuisine. Mi Casa Tequila Taqueria is only one of the great restaurants featured at Rosen Shingle Creek resort.
- Two night stay at Rosen Shingle Creek
- $100 Rosen Shingle Creek dining gift card
- Reimbursement for their full conference pass to the Food and Wine Conference in Orlando, FL.
- The recipe also may be a featured during the Taste of Rosen Shingle Creek Opening Ceremony at the Food and Wine Conference
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.